Ramadan Laylatul Qadr (Shab e Qadr -لیلة القدر) 2017 is known as the night of power and it comes as a blessing in the Holy month of Ramadan. It is considered as the Holiest night in the Islamic calendar and comes with blessings for all Muslims. Muslims believe that the Holy Quran was also revealed on Ramadan Laylatul Qadr. There is no exact date that is followed each year, as it comes according to the Islamic calendar and the Islamic calendar follows the sighting of the moon. So Shab e Qadr date is determined by the date of Ramadhan which is not the same each year. However, it is almost the same date for Muslims all around the world.
Muslims believe that whoever stays up on the night of Ramadan Shab e Qadr and prays, his sins are forgiven by Allah and if he repents all the sins that he has done so far in life, he will be forgiven for that by Allah's blessings. Muslims also believe that the person takes on a new life on Ramadan Shab e Qadr (Laylatul Qadr - لیلة القدر) and thus should believe that this is the start of his new life keeping his past sins behind. Furthermore, it is also believed by most of the Muslims that whatever one prays on this one night, he will be rewarded for it for thousand more days, as if he has prayed for a thousand nights instead of one Ramadan Laylatul Qadr. Laylatul Qadr is always associated with Ramadan as it comes during this blessed month and thus further increases its blessings for Muslims.
Facts about Ramadan Laylatul Qadr (Shab e Qadr -لیلة القدر):
Laylatul Qadr is known to all Muslims and it holds special importance to all Muslim's lives as it the night of blessings and power. Some of the facts related to Ramadan Laylatul Qadr are:
- Its importance can be realized from the fact that an entire chapter in Quran has been devoted to explaining the importance of this night.
- Quran repeatedly explains the importance or rewards of praying on the night of Ramadan Shab e Qadr.
- It is considered as a very peaceful night and it has been observed by Muslims that this night has been very peaceful for all these years, and the moon has a special shine on this particular night.
- Muslims believe that entire Quran was revealed on this night, thus increasing its importance and blessings to two-folds.
- Most of the Muslims recite the Holy Quran on this night or do some special good deeds on this night.
- Muslims believe that their sins can be wiped out on this day if they ask Allah for forgiveness.
- Muslims should do an evaluation of their life and try to learn from their mistakes that they have done in life and make a vow in front of Allah not to repeat those sins again and Allah will forgive you on this blessed night.
Other than these, there are a lot of more points that stress the importance of Ramadan Kareem Laylatul Qadr. It is one of the most sacred nights of the whole Islamic year.